New Christians (astronomy, music, and theology)

Discuss topics about the word of God.
Dan
Flock

New Christians (astronomy, music, and theology)

Postby Dan » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:55 am

Hi and welcome, especially if you are a new Christians (as in baby Christians). We want to encourage you. This is a term of endearment of course, and I myself am 7 months young in Christ-anchored faith. This is a post I wrote a while ago over Skype and forgot to post elsewhere. In this survey I connect themes from case making, testimony, astronomy, music, and fear vs. knowledge of God.

I received an epiphany from Jesus Christ 6 months ago. The instrument that the Lord used to bring me to knowledge of God is essentially unimportant. As in an orchestra, you have an ocarina, clarinet, trumpet, guitars, piano, and more. During the moments as I became born again, the essence of my revelation (small r) is best described by this first set of 4 verses:

Romans 1:19-21
19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

And,

Psalm 19:1 The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork.

Psalm 19:2-6
2 Day to day pours out speech, and night to night reveals knowledge.
3 There is no speech, nor are there words, whose voice is not heard.
4 Their voice goes out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them he has set a tent for the sun,
5 which comes out like a bridegroom leaving his chamber, and, like a strong man, runs its course with joy.
6 Its rising is from the end of the heavens, and its circuit to the end of them, and there is nothing hidden from its heat.

Astronomy is the general instrument that the Lord used to enlighten me. Psalm 19:6 refers to the fact that the sun and earth are moving through space in a circuit, at about 600,000 miles per hour. This is an example of the vast scientific foreknowledge stated in the Holy Word:

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Hebrews 1:1-2
1 Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets,
2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world.

It's more important to be with people than to be case making. Scriptures is somewhat like medicine. The Bible as a whole may be overwhelming too many, and that's why studies or topic sets of verses can be an excellent resource for seekers and new believers. This connects us to why music is important, leading us to sing praises and love joyously among Christians and non-Christians.

Ephesians 5:19-20
19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;
20 Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;

The purpose of music as a soulful expression and act of worship is also found in Psalm 95,

Psalm 95:2 Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms.

Psalm 40:1-3 I waited patiently for the Lord; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.
2 He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.
3 And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord.

Romans 1:19-21 KJV
Psalm 19:1-6 ESV
John 1:1 ESV
Hebrews 1:1-2 ESV
Ephesians 5:19 KJV
Psalm 95:2 KJV
Psalm 40:1-3 KJV

Return to “Bible Study”