Watchmen

Discuss topics about the word of God.
Dan
Flock

Watchmen

Postby Dan » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:45 pm

To begin (or rather, to semi-conclude and capstone this general series) with the good news and guarantee of victory, is that God is Almighty and that we shall overcome.

Ephesians 6:10-12
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Ephesians 5:11-12
11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
12 For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.

We are to have no fellowship with darkness. We must also follow God's commands to reprove, rebuke, and expose evil; and to promote the Word with gracious love and peace making. This is central to the sheepdog theory, and the role of biblical watchmen.

Ezekiel 33:5-7

5 He heard the sound of the trumpet, and took not warning; his blood shall be upon him. But he that taketh warning shall deliver his soul.
6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the trumpet, and the people be not warned; if the sword come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.
7 So thou, O son of man, I have set thee a watchman unto the house of Israel; therefore thou shalt hear the word at my mouth, and warn them from me.

These next 3 verses are easily understood:

Matthew 10:16 Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

Romans 1:8 First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, because your faith is being reported all over the world.

2 Cor 2:14 But thanks be to God, who in Christ always leads us in triumphal procession, and through us spreads the fragrance of the knowledge of him everywhere.

The last verse leads us back into Case Making, intersecting with Watchmen ops and God's call to be the light of the world, and to reprove darkness.

1 Peter 3:15 but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect,

Summary

Ephesians 6:10-12 KJV
Ephesians 5:11-12 KJV
Ezekiel 33:5-7 KJV
Matthew 10:6 KJV
Romans 1:8 NIV
2 Cor 2:14 ESV
1 Peter 3:15 ESV

Dan
Flock

Watchmen 2

Postby Dan » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:41 am

Jesus said that the End will be as in the days of Noah. Moses was learned in all the wild secrets of Egypt. The wisdom of Solomon reminds us to expect change, and mentions that there is a time of war, and to mourn. Blaise Pascal stated that “There is a God-shaped vacuum in the heart of every man that cannot be filled by any created being, but by God alone made known through Jesus Christ.”

Ecclesiastes 3:1-10
1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.
9 What profit hath he that worketh in that wherein he laboureth?
10 I have seen the travail, which God hath given to the sons of men to be exercised in it.

We also need to accept limitations, and to trust in God and His timing. God will destroy the rulership of evil and give comeuppance during the Revelation.

Psalm 94:16 Who will rise up for me against the evildoers? or who will stand up for me against the workers of iniquity?

Unfortunately, most people and elites will act extremely cowardly and selfish, seeking shelter within massive a complex (Undercity of Babylon) of deep underground military bases. The elite will horde gold, weapons, water, food, possibly slaves, and luxuries.

Many citizens will be devastated to realize (finally) that politicians are liars and they used a century of central banking, world wars, and engineered money crises to build pharaoh-like strongholds for the power elite worth trillions, paid for of course by you the taxpayer. The taxpayer is also bankrolling several theoretical super-weapons of mass destruction; I will have to cover those later on.

Here is that verse describing the people hiding under the rocks:

Isaiah 2:19 And they shall go into the holes of the rocks, and into the caves of the earth, for fear of the LORD, and for the glory of his majesty, when he ariseth to shake terribly the earth.

This is actually a terrible, disastrous idea (prophecy gives more details; related to post on Death Stars), since they are underestimating the ferocity and magnitude of the 'great shaking' of the heavens and the earth. It is probable that the series of mega-quakes has to do with a geomagnetic reversal, and the evidence for historical pole shift events. Isaiah 2:20-21 gives more details that these units may get ripped apart swiftly.

Haggai 2:6 "This is what the LORD Almighty says: 'In a little while I will once more shake the heavens and the earth, the sea and the dry land.

And,

Hebrews 12:26 At that time his voice shook the earth, but now he has promised, “Yet once more I will shake not only the earth but also the heavens.”

The most important point is to love God, and to look forward joyously to when we be with him in Heaven. We must realize that people who only believe in this world are doomed. Doomed also are those who serve the devil as evil-doers and iniquity-workers, for most of them will cling to delusion, arrogance, and non-repentance until their end. The good news for us is the promise of everlasting life,

Isaiah 66:22 "For just as the new heavens and the new earth Which I make will endure before Me," declares the LORD, "So your offspring and your name will endure.

Now there is a lot to learn from all this, for every generation. They had pre-fulfillment events and the need for faith, to hold on until the grave then paradise. The near-end and final generations have the benefit of many millenia of Scripture and study. Global telecommunications tech also is having an incredible accelerating effect and renaissance for our Great Comission. The Words of Jesus and the book have been timeless and powerful for so many generations,

Revelation 22:20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Summary

Ecclesiastes 3:1-10 KJV
Psalm 94:16 KJV
Isaiah 2:19 KJV
Haggai 2:6 NIV
Hebrews 12:26 ESV
Isaiah 66:22 NASB
Revelation 22:20 KJV

Return to “Bible Study”