Secrets (biblical forensics)

Discuss topics about the word of God.
Dan
Flock

Postby Dan » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:41 pm

Here are a few short verses on mysteries, and seekers:

Luke 17:26 (KJV) And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.

Acts 7:22 (NIV) Moses was educated in all the wisdom of the Egyptians and was powerful in speech and action.

Acts 17:11 (ESV) Now these Jews were more noble than those in Thessalonica; they received the word with all eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see if these things were so.

Jeremiah 29:13 (KJV) You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart.

Luke 11:34 (ESV) Your eye is the lamp of your body. When your eye is healthy, your whole body is full of light, but when it is bad, your body is full of darkness.

Deuteronomy 29:29 (KJV) The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.

2 Timothy 3:16 (ESV) All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,

These verses really do speak for themselves better than my commentary. Taken as a whole, we know that Scripture is our keystone to the mysteries, and God will fill our hearts with knowledge as we sincerely seek Him and the truth.

I use bold, and verses in color highlight because monotonous black text is boring, and can even be aesthetically painful (rather than pleasing), especially over computer light and web text. You can also use control (ctrl button) and + (plus key) to make your browser-text larger.

Here are two more compelling verses on mysteries, secrets, seekers, mystery-seeking, and the truth of God. Then I will have to find a new angle to this story from which to build upon the study guide.

Matthew 13:11-13 (KJV)

11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.

13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

John 21:25 25 (KJV) And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

Dan
Flock

Re: Secrets (biblical forensics)

Postby Dan » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:18 pm

There is a paradigm found in OT and NT, that can be called the "delusion of the wicked." There is an End Times variant, but these same battles and archetypes have been reenacting since history began. Almost everything in the Bible happens more than once, and it contains many examples of epic foreshadowing.

The opposite of clarity is delusion. When we take a biblical approach to mysteries, then we gain clarity. Here are those first 2 verses on the delusion:

Exodus 7:3 (KJV) And I will harden Pharaoh's heart, and multiply my signs and my wonders in the land of Egypt.

2 Thessalonians 2:11-12 (ESV)
11 Therefore God sends them a strong delusion, so that they may believe what is false,
12 in order that all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Keep in mind that salvation is a gift from God, and he can share it with or reserve it from whoever He wants. It was His blood on the cross, after all. There are a number of people who despise God and despise His people and have done horrible things to Jews and Christians, and to non-Christians and babies as well. The most abominable and worst of the worst are unlikely to find mercy via salvific knowledge of God, as previously described.

Romans 9:18 (NIV) Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden.

Further, Revelation describes a plot and disasters that dismantle Mystery Babylon (United State?) and turn the pieces over to the Antichrist kingdom. This AC/UN kingdom is identified as the New World Order system favored by Illuminati, power elites, banksters, and the world's shadow governments.

Revelation 17:17 (KJV) For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled.

2 Timothy 4:4 (NIV) They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.

1 Timothy 4:1 (NIV) The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.

A good place to conclude is with (a key excerpt from) the classic passage spoken by Jesus about the signs of the End of Days. How true and accurate a description of our world this is today. This is far more vivid, detailed, and specific than most of its critics will give the passage credit for:

Matthew 24:6-14 (KJV)

6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

That is, the righteous and the wicked will witness the same Revelation and miracles, yet they will disagree sharply on the correct conclusion of that evidence. The righteous will align with Jesus, and the wicked will align with devils and their package of lies. Thank God for showing us the truth and blessing us His Holy Spirit!

Summary

Exodus 7:3 KJV
2 Thess 2:11-12 ESV
Romans 9:18 NIV
Revelation 17:17 KJV
2 Tim 4:4 NIV
1 Tim 4:1 NIV
Matthew 24:6-14 KJV

Return to “Bible Study”