[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Spiritual Gifts study guide - Sheep Dog Media

Spiritual Gifts study guide

Discuss topics about the word of God.
Jeff_Virden
Flock

Spiritual Gifts study guide

Postby Jeff_Virden » Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:08 pm

Hello my brothers and/or sisters in Christ,

My name is Jeff Virden, I am building a team of Christians to research, study Scripture, and help create a study guide to discover every detail involved with our spiritual gifts. Answering all of the who, what, when, where, why, and how questions. This project will need at least 5 other Christians other than myself, rather a new Christian or have been for quite some time are welcome. Please reply who you are, if you are interested in helping, and an email address and/or phone number to be reached.

Thank you,
Always in Christ,
Jeff
Last edited by Jeff_Virden on Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shepherd
Shepherd

Re: Spiritual Gifts study guide

Postby Shepherd » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:14 pm

I will be more then Willing to help

~Brother Phil

Jeff_Virden
Flock

Postby Jeff_Virden » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:30 pm

We have been working on some changes with my posts for our project. We have worked on creating a survey to take at the end of completed the course on "Discovering Spiritual Gifts" I, as well as many of you will, agree with learning everything we can about the details of what is a Spiritual gift; Who gives them out; Who gets them; and so on... Take a look at the site which will be provided and please share any ideas and or changes prior to just making any.

Tim
Flock

Postby Tim » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:33 pm

Dan
Flock

Postby Dan » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:39 am

I have put together a study guide for this topic.

Gifts of the Holy Spirit, and biblical spiritual gifts, are detailed with scripture and commentary in this study guide.

Three primary passages are:

Romans 12:6-8
1 Corinthians 12:4-11
1 Corinthians 12:28

Romans 12:6-8
6 Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, in proportion to our faith; 7 if service, in our serving; the one who teaches, in his teaching; 8 the one who exhorts, in his exhortation; the one who contributes, in generosity; the one who leads,[a] with zeal; the one who does acts of mercy, with cheerfulness.

1 Corinthians 12:4-11
4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.
6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.
7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.(KJV)

1 Corinthians 12:28
28 And God has appointed in the church first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healing, helping, administrating, and various kinds of tongues.

Gifts of the Spirit are directly related to the work of ministry (service) from Greek diakoneo. The purpose of ministry is to serve the flock, build up the body of Christ, and carry out the Great Commission.

Ephesians 4:11-12
11 And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds and teachers, 12 to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ,

For the believer, to work with spiritual gifts is an act of worship. The gifts include: serving, teaching, encouraging (exhortation), faith, giving, healing, leadership, mercy, discernment, and foreign languages.

Acts 2:22:
22 “Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a man attested to you by God with mighty works and wonders and signs that God did through him in your midst, as you yourselves know—

Jesus Christ was and is a miracle worker, partly through the work of His Holy Spirit who indwells in believers and empowers them to do the work of ministry. The Resurrection of Jesus Christ is an ultimate miracle.

If you want to study the Resurrection; resources on history, short papers, and block-buster essays can be found at these links:

William Lane Craig
http://www.reasonablefaith.org/the-chal ... lane-craig
http://www.reasonablefaith.org/the-resu ... n-of-jesus

JP Holding
http://www.tektonics.org/lp/nowayjose.php

Aaron Brake
http://pleaseconvinceme.com/2013/the-mi ... urrection/

J. Warner Wallace
http://coldcasechristianity.com/2013/th ... -imposter/
http://coldcasechristianity.com/2014/ch ... us-is-god/
http://coldcasechristianity.com/2015/je ... od-exists/

This study builds up one of our sheepdog themes; that Christian case making is an act of worship, and the evidence is fuel for faith for Christians and non-Christians (seekers’ spectrum).

J. Warner Wallace
http://coldcasechristianity.com/2014/wh ... entialist/
http://coldcasechristianity.com/2015/is ... easonable/
http://coldcasechristianity.com/2013/th ... ian-faith/

Jeff_Virden
Flock

Postby Jeff_Virden » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:24 pm

Thank you Dan,
These are excellent Scriptures for this study as well. The goal for this study is to discover the deep roots of each gift. Who had these gifts in the Bible. How did those from the Old Testament receive these spiritual gifts. How did they use them compared to those of the New Testament. Finally, how do we know when we have these gifts, which is found in the Scripture you have provided.

Does anyone else have any other Scripture giving any further details or some of the Old Testament biblical characters?

Jeff_Virden
Flock

Postby Jeff_Virden » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:12 pm

Has anyone seen the opening introduction and beginning of the table content for this Bible study yet. If so can you share any ideas or thoughts if it is the right direction to go. If you have not seen it yet please .
Last edited by Jeff_Virden on Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Light13
Flock

Postby Light13 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:45 pm

Here is a site I found on assessing one's spiritual gifts. It's a little over 100 questions and very thorough. It will show your strengths and weaknesses along with the top three. They remind you to answer the questions as you are now, not how you want to be.
http://www.spiritualgiftstest.com/

Also, check out the various tabs for additional Bible quotes in reference to spiritual gifts.

Lucretia Nyan
Flock

Postby Lucretia Nyan » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:47 pm

Thank you for sharing the test! I will admit I was a little surprised by my results, although I have always been a gifted leader, I have usually been reluctant to be one. However when the need for leading others to help them through a struggle is clear, and by the way it is always crystal clear to me what problems do exist, I will always feel driven to step up, no matter the weight of the challenge. So perhaps I shouldn't be so surprised by my results after all?

Here are my results over 30:

Administration 33
Exhortation 31
Faith 31
Leadership 32
Mercy 31
Wisdom 32
❤️ The Nyan Cat embodies the Holy Spirit, representing love, joy, and friendship of all, with the rainbow she creates showing this leads to the unity of all people. Glory be to God in highest heaven and to the Nyan Cat in cyberspace!

With love,
Lucretia

Jeff_Virden
Flock

Postby Jeff_Virden » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:37 am

Lucretia,
This was another great example of the Spiritual gifts survey. I just took it as well and my top three at 35 are teaching, evangelism, and faith. In the other survey I posted earlier the top score was 25 for teaching, faith, and knowledge. I like this one better, there is more in detail with the questions.

Return to “Bible Study”