new thread

Welcome to the Sheep Dog Fellowship! Praise Jesus that you have come across us. We look forward to learning about you, introduce yourself here.

God Bless
Forum rules
Here you are on Holy Ground, God has blessed this forum. As this forum was made for him and to Glorify Jesus.

1 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me.
2 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My Commandments.
3 “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.
4 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.
5 “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.
6 “You shall not murder.
7 “You shall not commit adultery.
8 “You shall not steal.
9 “You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
10 “You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.”
Dan
Flock

new thread

Postby Dan » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:07 pm

This picks off from a previous thread within "intro" section. If we and a few others do want to rekindle activity, it doesn't take much, then should occur here. In this case it would be good to have one bottleneck, rather than 1 thousand different places and different topic interests.

I find myself in real (non-web) situations where I'm like, how do they not see this stuff? I am not talking about end times events or timing. I am talking about basic, basic stuff. I am talking about matters of simple discernment, and accepting the Word as it is written. John 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

Paling around with the world, and condemning the brethren, and holding large parts of the Bible in disdain; that gives me cause for skepticism.

So I am disturbed when I see so-called "Christians" brethren-bashing and excessively critical of each other, when they wont defend the King James version (not that one MUST use the KJV, but I do defend the KJV, and one should not ATTACK the KJV for it is God's Word), I think what it comes down to is our very founding metaphor here. There is a Christian and non-Christian version of sheepdog theory but the reality is that most people are sheep. Some of us have had an authentic salvation encounter with the Lord, and others have not, it is also written that over time the conflict (falling away) between Christ believers and fakeianity will get worse and worse until the two groups can no longer coeexist peacefully.

What I think is going on is that many Christ believers and sheep are allowing the enemy to suppress and confuse. A human is a free agent and any of us can reinvent ourselves and say, you know what, I may not be a sheepdog today but I can begin with the mindset, and over time I acknowledge that this is a noble goal worth investing in. So be careful of what you buy into (speaking to all), if you are in a situation where it sounds like another gospel or another Jesus (2 Cor 11:4) then I would say practice discernment. It could be that the Lord is teaching you by exposing the false teachings of others.

Some of them may be Christ believers who got messed up in some bad theology. However there is also 2 Timothy 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. If handled with grace and prayerful discernment then many good fruits are possible. If we allow ourselves to get wrapped up in enemy lies and suppressed by false narratives and hurts then we have taken ourselves temporarily out of the game. There is a huge difference between a silent witness and a silenced witness. Sometimes I use a silent witness for tactical reasons. The devil wants a silenced witness.

1 Timothy 1:4 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

Regarding the end, I think that the end can be likened to a stage with many actors (nations) and set pieces. The nuclear bombs are set pieces. So are the seismic fault zones and volcanoes. Given enough time, everything that can go wrong, will go wrong. Everything that can explode, will explode. Everything that happens before the final 7 years is really just the setup for the finale. We get a clear picture from Revelation that eventually yes the nukes do go off, though it may occur after our lifetime and we'd be lucky and blessed if so. I deal in game theory and I find it all very fascinating, but I no longer worry about it as I used to. If or when the war of the saints or the testimony unto death takes me out then I will certainly be far more prepared for it now than I was then. I am also memorizing Scripture for a range of reasons, one reason is that if you get captured then you can minimize spiritual injury and preempt yourself from going totally insane by quoting scriptures.

Maranatha, look forward to talking more soon.

Tim
Flock

Re: new thread

Postby Tim » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:27 pm

FYI: I have added the wiki link to this page in the blog section, which I would like to see become the focal point of the site.
http://sheepdogmedia.org/blog/forum-board/

Return to “Introduction”